Long haul trips can be really stressful, but having your travel essentials can make it a lot easier. Everyone has their own list of items that they prefer to keep close at hand while on a train, plane, or in a car. These items are things you cannot live without while away from home and keep you going through the day! Check out Amie and I discussing some of our Favorite Travel Items!
My list of Long Haul Must-Haves is a bit different from my favorite travel items. This list is a mix of things I keep in my purse and items I like to keep with me because I never feel like shelling out the big bucks for airport snacks or coffee. It’s no secret that the airport is expensive, and I’d rather avoid all of that.
1. Trail Mix : It’s my favorite snack and it’s very easy to carry. The bigger bags usually have a resealable mouth that is great so you don’t have to eat it all in one sitting. I keep this with me so I won’t have to get more expensive snack at the train station or the airport. My favorite trail mixes tend to have chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, peanuts, and raisins. The perfect combo of salty and sweet!
2. Cellphone: While travelling, my phone is my mobile hub. Not only does it carry my reservation information, transportation details, and contacts – but it also has my music, ebooks, and other entertainment. Books and movies are cool, but music is the main reason I keep my cellphone in my hand at all times. I must have my music and it’s all on my phone. I like blocking out everything around me – especially if someone near me is snoring.
3. Chargers: Must keep my phone juiced, can’t have my mobile hub shutting down on me.
4. Sunglasses: A necessity, especially on trains. I like to wear them on trains when I’m sleeping to help keep light out of my eyes.
5. Hand sanitizer: Any kind is good, but I love the kind that doesn’t feel too stripping. Some hand sanitizer sting my skin or leave a potent scent on my hands – those are the kind I personally avoid. Strong scents in small spaces tend to be very overpowering and I’m always hyper aware of scents on airplanes, especially on long haul flights.
6. Gum: I usually bring mint flavored gum with me. It’s the most soothing scent and I chew it after I eat on the plane if I can’t get to my toothbrush and toothpaste.
7. Face wipes: These are great to use on the plane and when you have super short layovers. It feels great to refresh yourself between flights. Wipe your face and neck, and then throw the wipe away. Simple and you’ll feel much better afterwards.
8. Instant coffee: I always keep a pack of instant coffee on me. I ask for hot water at an airport cafe and make my own coffee! Not only is it very easy, but it also saves a few bucks at the airport!
These are just some items I love to keep on hand during a long haul flight, train ride, or even road trip. I’d love to hear some of your own must-haves! Feel free to share, I’d love to add some new items to my bag